A FORMATIVE YEAR
The Just Skills preparation year can be viewed as a formative year for young adults to become independent and learn a great deal of responsibility prior to engaging in University life. This prep year consists of internships, learning a trade and volunteer work, all for the purpose of improving knowledge, maturity, decision-making, leadership and independence, self-sufficiency and more. This is intended to expand the mind, personal confidence, experiences, and interests thus improving their resumes before going to college/university. The prep year is built on Fundamental Biblical Truths and Christian Beliefs.
Biblical Foundation Course / Discipleship / Personal Work / Mission work / Evangelism
First Aid / Scuba Diving / Photography / Introduction to Marketing / Sharks & Conservation / Entrepreneurship
Life Skills / Language Studies / Career Assessment
Internships / Young Engineers Instructor
Breakdown of the courses we offer at the Just Africa Life Skills Prep Year:
Biblical Foundation Course
Classes on topics such as Personal Work, Discipleship and Christology, Mission work and Evangelism will be presented. The students will have the opportunity to practically apply what is learnt at outreaches.
- The Road to Redemption
- Jesus our Saviour
- The Will of God
Life Skills Courses
- Growth Mindset
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict management
- Personal finance management
- Life Skills Coaching
- Christian Ethics
- Character & Attitude
- Time Management & Productivity
EFR (Emergency First Response)
- Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) course.
- Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) course.
- Emergency First Response Care for Children course.
- Emergency First Response CPR & AED course.
- Diving Emergency Management Provider Program
- Photography Basics
- Photo Editing (Adobe Lightroom)
- Underwater Photography
Introduction to Marketing
- Basic computer and program skills
- Web design and websites
- Social Media management
- Human behaviour
Culture & Language Studies
- Malawian culture & basic Chichewa
- Understanding South African cultures
It is important to us at that our students leave the Prep Year with direction and purpose in life. Many matriculate do not yet know what they want to do with their lives, we offer an in-depth Career Assessment which consists of personality, interests, skills and ability assessments to help with this big life decision.
SharkLife Conservation Course
- Master Shark Diver Qualification - 6 Modules
Young Engineers Instructor Training
- STEM Education training for the Big Builders program and the Bricks Challenge program.
Open Water Scuba Diving Course
- PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Certification
Speciality Courses & Advanced Certification optional extras.
Prep year students will take part in our various internships, gaining valuable work experience with:
Contact us if you would like to apply for the Just Life Skills Preparation Year.